The ASAM Continuing Education Committee is searching for associate member volunteers to serve on the committee. Training will be provided. If you are a nurse, PA, social worker, psychologist, or counselor, and you are interested in joining the committee, please read the requirements below.
How To Apply: Complete the application and upload your resume/CV, letter of interest, and confirm that you have completed the ASAM disclosure form by Friday, January 13, 2023. The first question on the application is “Name this Entry”. You may type your name in this field.
Name of Group
Continuing Education Committee
To ensure that all direct and joint provided accredited continuing education activities are in full compliance with the Interprofessional Joint Accreditation Criteria and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Integrity & Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. To oversee the development and ongoing improvement of ASAM’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) or Continuing Certification Program (CCP) portfolio while meeting the requirements established by ABPM and other ABMS boards.
Overview of Key Activities or Tasks
- Understand and ensure education activities meet requirements in ASAM’s role as an accredited provider of continuing education
- Contribute clinical expertise and strategic direction on the review of direct and joint provided applications and materials for awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits (MDs/DOs), AAPA Category 1 CME credits (PAs), APCE CPE Credits (Pharmacists/ Pharmacy Technicians), ANCC CNE Credits (RN, LPN, etc.), ASWB/ACE Credit (Social Workers), APA Credit (Psychologists) and/or NAADAC/NBCC (Counselors)
- Ensure identification of potential relevant financial relationships and managing these conflicts for the ASAM Medical Education Council, activity planning committees and activity faculty (anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity) in order to produce balanced, and scientifically based accredited continuing education that is free of commercial interest (as defined by the ACCME)
- Contribute clinical expertise and strategic direction on the development of MOC/CCP-related content or resource
- Understand and ensure education activities meets requirements established by ABPM and other ABMS boards for inclusion in their MOC/CCP programs
- Knowledge of Interprofessional Joint Accreditation Criteria and ACCME Standards for Integrity & Independence in Accredited Continuing Education (ACE)
- Board certified in Addiction Medicine (if applicable)
- Ambassador for ASAM and up to date on ASAM policies/positions
- Participated in a MOC or CCP program with any medical board for at least two years
- Current knowledge and understanding of addiction medicine MOC requirements and guidelines
Estimated Time Commitment/Requirement for Participation
- 1-4 one-hour video-conference calls per year, depending on need
- Review 5-10 direct and joint provided applications per year
- Participate in one session per year held during the ASAM Annual Conference to conduct review of educational activities
- Participate in 1-2 activity audits per year
- Available to lead staff by phone or email for input/feedback on strategies involving education activities or committee engagement
Term Limits for Members
3-year term with the opportunity for one reappointment of an additional 3 years. Total term limit is 6 years as a member.
Number of members needed: 4
Questions? Contact Kate Brundage, Director, CME & Continuing Certification